What is Stephen Ministry?
- One-on-one ministry by a trained, caring friend
- Confidential, Christian caregiving
- A vital part of the total healing ministry of Christ’s body, the Church
What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is:
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person
- A caring Christian friend who really listens
- A lay person who has received fifty hours of training in order to offer distinctively Christian care
Who is helped by Stephen Ministry?
Anyone who is:
- Needing someone to talk to
- Struggling with their faith in God
- Discouraged, anxious, lonely
- Coping with divorce, job loss, illness, or grief
- Going through transition
What are the basics of Stephen Ministry at FUMC?
- Both men and women are trained as Stephen Ministers.
- They visit their care receivers regularly and dependably.
- They listen and offer Christian support and encouragement.
- They are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship.
- Anyone can receive care from Stephen Ministry regardless of church membership.
What other services are provided by Stephen Ministry?
- Grief Recovery packets
- Weekly prayer request notes
- Fall and Spring Grief Recovery workshops
- The annual Blue Christmas/Longest Night service
How long has Stephen Ministry been at FUMC?
FUMC’s Stephen Ministry began in January 2005.
How does someone receive care through Stephen Ministry or train to become a Stephen Minister?
For any questions regarding Stephen Ministry please call David Hollis at 422-4002 or e-mail email@example.com
Stephen Leaders at FUMC are:
- Jim Holmes
- Cecil Kirk
- Tharon Kirk
- Debra Owen
- Andrea Woods
- David Eblen
- David Hollis