Children’s Ministry Assistant
Reports to: Director of Children’s Ministries
Directly Supervises: n/a
Status: part time
- Assist in planning and implementing appropriate ministry opportunities for children and families.
- Assist in preparing and implementing Children’s Worship each Sunday morning.
- Assist in Sunday school.
- Assist with Wednesday evening programming planning and teaching.
- Assist with Kids at First Parents Day Out.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of events and activities.
- Be present for and assist with special events and activities.
- Work in the office a minimum of two hours weekly as scheduled by the Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Arrive promptly for activities, preferably ten to fifteen minutes early.
- Notify Director of Children’s Ministry two weeks in advance for planned absences.
- Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- A Christian who strives to live according to Biblical standards and who’s lifestyle is above suspicion.
- A college student of at least a sophomore level.
- An active participant in ministry at your home church
- Child Growth and Development: Understand how children acquire language and develop physically, cognitively, emotionally and socially.
- Learning Environment & Curriculum: Establish an environment that provides learning experiences to meet each child’s needs, capabilities, and interests.
- Assessment and Planning for Individual Needs: Observe and assess what children know and can do in order to provide curriculum and instruction that addresses their developmental and learning needs.
- Interactions with Children & Guiding Behaviors: Establish supportive relationships with children and guide them as individuals and as part of a group.
- Families and Communities: Work collaboratively with families and staff to meet children’s needs.
- Health, Safety and Nutrition: Establish and maintain an environment that ensures children’s health, safety and nourishment.
- Professional Development & Leadership: Serve children and families in a professional manner.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to lead others. Demonstrates the skills of active listening and openly accepts criticism. Productively engages and resolves interpersonal conflict. Holds others accountable in a spirit of love. Engages people positively, with a demeanor of optimism and abundance.
- Biblical Knowledge: Able to discuss and interpret biblical truth when applying scripture to life situations. Guides others in exploration and discovery of biblical truth.