FACILITIES USE POLICY
Statement of Policy:
The mission statement of First United Methodist Church is “Seeking God, Knowing Christ, and Sharing His Love.” In keeping with this statement, proper oversight shall be given to the facilities to ensure that:
- Adequate facilities exist to effectively carry out the mission statement
- Church facilities are properly protected against damage or misuse
- A spirit of cooperation exists with church members, community and civic groups, other non-profit organizations, and individuals regarding the use of the church’s facilities
- Appropriate fees are assessed for non-church events in order to recover the expense associated with the use of the building.
Regularly scheduled church meetings and activities of FUMC have first priority in the use of its facilities. Other church related meetings and functions have second priority. Respect and consideration will be given in the arrangements for funerals and family gatherings for funerals.
Groups outside the church may, for a fee, use the facilities when they are not already scheduled for church functions. Facilities are not available to outside groups for profit making activities or to organizations engaged in partisan political activities. Outside groups may reserve space no more than six months in advance.
A Certificate of Insurance with a limit of not less than $1,000,000 shall be provided by all outside groups, naming First United Methodist Church as an additional insured, for the purpose of covering liability and property damage or accidents that might occur on church property.
A review committee consisting of the Pastor, the Administrator and/or other appropriate program staff persons will consider the request of any outside organization to use the facilities. This committee will determine the security deposit and fees for non-church groups. No approval will be given for an event that is open to the public.
A Calendar Request Form, which is available in the church office or online, shall be completed by all church groups requesting use of the facility or buses. The request will be processed by the Administrative Assistant.
Church events will be placed on the church calendar when the appropriate form has been submitted and determination is made that no conflicts exist. The Administrative Assistant will notify the contact person within seven days.
A FUMC Facility Use Application, shall be completed by all outside groups and submitted to the Administrative Assistant, who will process the request. When availability is confirmed, the review committee will determine the security deposit and fees. The Administrative Assistant will then notify the contact person.
Building Use Procedures:
Two weeks prior to the event, the event contact person is responsible for the following:
- Meeting with a church representative to review the Guidelines for Use of Facilities
- Meeting with the Facilities Manager to review room set-up and equipment needs
- Arranging for food in consultation with the Food Service Director
- Consulting with the Director of Music and Worship Arts if sound, lighting or projection systems are requested
Additional requirements for non-church groups:
- Signing a contract
- Submitting a Certificate of Insurance
- Paying all fees for use of the facility
During or after the event, the event contact person is responsible for the following:
- Arriving and departing at the times specified in the rental contract
- Confining the event to the space(s) specified in the contract
- Communicating to patrons of the event that the following are prohibited: Smoking, Alcoholic beverages, Moving furnishings, Affixing adhesive materials or tacks to walls or furnishings
- Providing adult supervision of children at all times and not allowing children to roam the building
- Reporting to the staff person on duty any accident or injury, so that appropriate action may be taken and an Incident Report may be completed
- Reporting to the staff person on duty any damage to church property
- Reporting to the staff person on duty any maintenance problems
- Leaving the facility reasonably clean and removing all items brought in for the event
- Complying with all church rules and regulations and refraining from abusive or improper conduct
Building Use Rates:
Rates are assessed when the application is processed and approved. Payment is due upon receipt of the approved application form and the accompanying invoice. Rentals are subject to cancellation if payment is not received when due.
Note: Failure to cancel one week in advance will result in loss of the security deposit.
Addendum to Facilities Use Policy
CLAYTON HALL – SUGGESTED FEE SCHEDULE
- Monday – Thursday minimum fee of $150
- Friday – Sunday minimum fee of $275
- Round tables with eight chairs - $10 each
- Stage - $250
- Lighting - $100
- Sound system - $100
- Video projection system - $100
- Technician for sound, video and lighting – 3hr minimum $150, additional time is $50 per hour
- Use of kitchen for staging and serving - $250
ACTIVITY CENTER – FEE SCHEDULE AND RULES
Birthday Parties for children 12 and under
- 2 hour party maximum, plus 30 minute set-up/clean-up time
- Members: $45
- Non-members: $100
Fee includes use of the gym and mezzanine area plus skating and recreational equipment.
Reserved General Use
- Base Fee Schedule
- FUMC teams/ groups – no charge
- $40.00 per hour for mezzanine area only
- $60.00 per hour for gym only
- $100.00 per hour for both gym and mezzanine
- Fees do not include charges for special set up/maintenance services. See Director for additional information.
- Sports Rental
- $20.00 per hour – Non FUMC teams (church, school, business)
- $10.00 per hour – FUMC member for non-church teams/groups
- Charges for additional services and equipment are4 negotiable.
For non-members, a $50 damage deposit, signed contract, and Certificate of Insurance or special events insurance are required to reserve the building. The rental fee and deposit are due at the time of rent out. The deposit will be refunded by mail, following inspection of the Center by church staff.
- Clean-up: User is responsible for clean up. Cleaning equipment and trash receptacles will be provided. Trash may be placed in dumpster in the parking lot. All equipment must be returned to the equipment room at the end of your rent-out time.
- Skates: Clean socks must be worn at all times with skates. Only skates provided by FUMC are allowed.
- Equipment Room and Office Area: Supervising adults only permitted in these areas.
- Chaperones: Youth and children’s groups must provide a minimum of one adult per ten youth/children.
KITCHEN USE GUIDELINES
Kitchen facilities are available to FUMC groups under the supervision of the Food Service Director. Any church group desiring to use the church kitchen should designate one member as their representative to make arrangements with the Food Service Director. This representative is responsible for:
- understanding the use of kitchen equipment
- cleaning, drying and storing all dishes and utensils
- run disposals to eliminate food from drains and clean out sinks
- washing all counter tops and work areas with cleanser
- cleaning all leftovers out of the refrigerator
- using only items purchased specifically for the groups’ use
- cleaning spills
- sweeping floors
- checking all appliances to make sure they are turned off
- communicating any problems with the Food Service Director
Outside caterers may, for a fee, use the church kitchen for staging and serving only.